Friday, March 9, 2012

Dilute juice drinks

I've mentioned before that I am chronically dehydrated. I normally do not like water. In fact, it usually disgusts me. Being pregnant has given me a newfound appreciation for water but I still don't drink enough. I try not to drink too much pop, so most of my fluid intake is milk or juice. I've always been a teensy bit worried, in the back of my mind, about the sugar content of all that juice I drink. I've also always known that I plan to serve my kids watered down juice only. What I didn't know before I lived in this house, though, is that juice is extremely expensive when the people you live with are always stealing it and never replacing it.

Recently I have started cutting my juice with water to stay a little more hydrated and offset the cost of being stolen from. Usually about 50/50 water/juice. At first I had to try to make myself believe I was really drinking flavored water but now I've gotten used to the diluted taste and on the occasion that Emmanuel has served me undiluted juice it's been a real shock to my tastebuds. That's a very strong flavor!

Benefits:
A) I'm taking in more water.
B) I'm taking in less sugar.
C) It's a very uncomplicated monetary savings of 50% on juice.

No comments:

Post a Comment