Saturday, January 28, 2012

Diving right in

Today I made a nice, neat spreadsheet to categorize and list every kooky frugal idea I've ever had (and could remember). I'm making it my new year's resolution to work on actually implementing these ideas instead of just daydreaming them up. By making a spreadsheet I'll be able to keep track of what I've implemented as well as what I still need to try. I don't want to make excuses anymore. I may not always be in the most ideal situation to make these things work for me, but isn't the point of living this way to make do with what you have?

So yeah! Here we are. I'm not going to hold myself to any set structure like X changes per month or anything like that. I'm just going to take it as I can, baby steps, and hopefully I'll see some actual conversions in my lifestyle as opposed to adding to the list of things I did once and then never thought about again (I'm looking at you, homemade jelly). I am going to try to document my adventures here, though, sort of as an accountability blog to keep me movin' along.

Tonight I stopped at the local HEB and bought the ingredients to make my own laundry detergent suitable for an HE washer, so there! Commitment made! I won't be mixing up my first batch until probably Monday, when I am safely away from prying eyes that might question what sort of concoction I'm brewing up with the intention of throwing it into their precious washing machine. Doo doo doo....

Good news is that I skipped laundry this week so I'll have LOTS of dirties to try it out on on Monday so stay tuned. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment