My dishwasher detergent is a big fat lump of rock, basically. Now I have to take a knife or something to it and chisel it back into powder format.
For future batches, perhaps I will actually follow directions and fill up an ice cube tray with my mixture. I'll let it harden overnight and have those nifty cubes of detergent just like the commercial brands.
Besides having to chisel out a tablespoon of detergent every time I wash a load of dishes, the detergent is still working fairly well. It leaves a yucky film in the concave dips on the bottoms of our glasses. I'm not sure if that's the detergents fault or the dishwasher's though. I don't have the desire nor the willpower to mix up a different recipe, but I may still try using vinegar in my rinse aid compartment now that I YouTubed how to use the darn thing. Doh.
Have you tried Lemi-Shine (or lemon koolaid or citric acid)? You can just add a little right on top of your detergent and it works WONDERS for us getting rid of any filmy buildup! :)
ReplyDelete