Thursday, August 9, 2012

Fast food is my kryptonite

I love fast food. I grew up on fast food. I'm the product of a single mother that worked hard to care for us. Long hours in sales meant a lot of fast food dinners.

Fast food is a habit. It's a save-time-by-not-eating-now-and-just-grab-something-on-the-way-there mentality. A very easy mentality to have when you are a chronically late-arriver (I was even born 2 weeks late).

Fast food is an addiction. I crave that grease, and admit it frequently. Sometimes home-cooked, no matter how unhealthy it is, just doesn't scratch that itch.

Fast food is expensive. I'd have to talk to Emmanuel about it, but I know we spend several hundred dollars per month on fast food. I am so ashamed to type that. It seems so harmless when you're having a $2 burger here, a $1 fountain coke there (mmm, the best), and maybe you splurge on a $20 chicken dinner for two occasionally. It adds up so ridiculously fast.

I need to meal plan but I'm not quite there yet. For right now, the best I can do is agree to Emmanuel's challenge: no fast food for the entire month of August. Which I think is entirely unfair since August is a 31-day month but, fine, I'll be the sacrificial lamb.

No comments:

Post a Comment