Okay so I'm filing this under 'replace with reusable' even though shower liners are obviously reusable because I have a tendency to replace my shower liners frequently. I don't like how dark and small shower curtains or even colored shower liners make bathrooms look, so I only use heavy duty, clear plastic liners, like so:
I buy them for like $5 from Walmart and they last around 6 months. $10 a year isn't a huge expense but I feel guilty for throwing the plastic away.I had read (several times) on the magical interwebs that I could throw said shower liners into my washing machine and they would come out clean. Color me skeptical. If I ruin a $5 liner, fine. If I ruin my brand new washing machine? Kill me now.
I saw the washing machine + vinegar trick on pinterest tonight, for the 500th time, and I finally decided to take my chances. If my liner was going to melt and turn my washing machine into a very heavy, very large bucket someone would have said so by now, right? .. right? Guys?
I'll be back with results.
No comments:
Post a Comment