I did it. I washed my shower liner in my washing machine. One shower liner, two white towels, a tablespoon of homemade detergent, and a cup of vinegar. The good news is that my machine didn't break slash my liner didn't melt. The bad news is that I'm not entirely satisfied with the results. Big surprise there.
I'm left with a somewhat clean shower liner with odd smudges and smears of soap scum and hard water residue. It's better than nothing but not perfect.Some ideas:
1. Maybe my liner was just so caked with Yucky Stuff© that one wash wasn't good enough.
2. I poured the vinegar into the water to be washed with the liner. Maybe I should have put it in as the fabric softener.
3. .. better yet, maybe I should have put it in the water AND as the fabric softener.
Ah well, my shower liner is as clean as a shower liner belonging to a first time mother of a two month old that never stops screaming is going to get. That's good enough for me.

No comments:
Post a Comment